Dr Siva is a renowned educator having lectured in a variety of law and non-law subjects since 1985 when he graduated with an honours law degree from the University of London (UK). Since then he has completed two doctoral dissertations with La Jolla University (USA). He is generally regarded as a common law expert and is one of the leading law and management lecturers in the country with a proven expertise and track record of excellence over the past 23 years. Dr Siva was Adjunct Visiting Professor at La Jolla University (USA) from 1992-1995. He was also an adjunct faculty member of the University of Southern Queensland (Australia) lecturing on their offshore MBA programme, the University of Ballarat (Australia) lecturing on their offshore MBA programme and RMIT (Australia). Dr Siva is an accomplished Professor, Corporate Consultant and Public Speaker. He has delivered countless seminars and lectures both locally and internationally.
CONTRIBUTION THROUGH EDUCATION
Dr Siva is respected and renowned educational entrepreneur, having set up and built one of Asia’s largest private law colleges – Kemayan ATC, which he sold to a public listed company in 1995. Dr Siva is one of the pioneers of the Malaysian private college fraternity. He is also credited with having organized one of the first convocation ceremonies held by a private law college in Malaysia with HRH Raja Nazrin Shah as its Royal Patron. Under his stewardship ATC was able to position itself as one of the leading law colleges in the world offering the University of London’s LLB degree externally.
Dr Siva was responsible for reshaping and redefining the role of private colleges as responsible corporate citizens during its infant stages of development and served as the youngest ever President of the National Association of Private and Independent Educational Institutions (NAPIEI) from 1995 – 2000. During this period he implemented a voluntary Code of Ethical Advertising and Conduct for private colleges in Malaysia and was actively involved in the development and implementation of the Higher Education Act 1996. For his efforts he was recognized with an Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education by the Honourable Minister of Education in 2001. Dr Siva has been a strong advocate for good corporate governance and has advocated triple bottom line strategies for many of the public listed companies. He has also advocated good corporate governance among NGOs and has served as an Assistant Governor of Rotary International D3300.
Dr Siva is known for his highly thought provoking and interesting lectures. He has taught on many programs and is a versatile and knowledgeable academic. His forte is law, management and leadership, having taught extensively on the LLB degree program of the University of London for more than 23 years. Some of the areas he has professed an interest in are:
- Jurispridence and The Legal Environment
- Corporate law and corporate governance
- International Commercial Law and Practice
- Collateralization and Principles of Credit / Documentary Credits
- Leadership and Paradigm Shifting
- Strategic management and architecture / change management
- Managing for creativity and innovation
- Communication and public speaking
POSITIONS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- President of the National Association of Private and Independent Educational Institutions (NAPIEI) (1995 – 2000)
- Director of the Pan Pacific Association of Private Education (PAPE) (1995 -2000)
- Governing Council Member of the ASEAN Law Association (ALA) (1994 – 2000)
- Executive Council Member of the Malaysian Ceylonese Congress (2002-2004)
- Fellow of the Association of Business Executives (UK)
- Member of the International Confederation of Principals (Geneva)
- Awarded the Royal Title Darjah Paduka Mahkota Perak (P.M.P.) by His Royal Highness Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak, Malaysia in 1996
- Paul Harris Fellow and Major Donor of The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International